Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend

The last time I posted I had a batch of mango & coconut muffins in the oven, I used the recipe from the blog My lovely little lunch box, and although everyone seemed to love them I think I would add some lemon zest  the next time I make them. I love both mango and coconut, but together they felt too gentle. And I did love that the recipe only called for half a cup of sugar. I'm always horrified when a recipe will call for 2 cups of sugar in a cake.



I also baked a batch of apple & cinnamon muffins yesterday, and they were amazing. The kitchen smelt so good. I found the recipe on the Add a pinch blog. The only change I made was sprinkling cinnamon sugar on the muffins before I put them in the oven. I will be making these again.



I am still working on my Amery shawl, I started working on the body of the shawl and it's moving along nicely. I'm still loving the yarn and the colour, I'm really looking forward to wearing it this winter.


And because it was raining all weekend, and ignoring the fact that it has 100% humidity, I made soup. Other than the flavour of this is soup, I love that I have leftovers for my lunch this week.

Have a great week.

8 comments:

Knitiot said...

Your muffins look great! Apple and cinnamon is such a fab combination.

Winnie D. said...

Perfect knitting weather! Those muffins look delicious!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a super good weekend of cooking & knitting! That yarn color is really pretty!

Kylie Ericoli said...

Thanks everyone, knitting and baking is my perfect weekend :)

Megan Bobos said...

Ha! I also ignored the humidity, pretended it was winter and made chocolate pudding!

Alex said...

Yum! I love muffins and I love baking them, but I don't do it very often because I just end up eating them all lol. The soup also looks very good.

Kylie Ericoli said...

Thanks Megan, I'm really looking forward to winter. I'm lucky Mike eats a good share of them :)

Tamsin North said...

Those muffins look great! I make mini muffins a fair amount (so much easier for little hands!), and am always on the lookout for good recipes for my kids that don't have too much junk in them. The mango coconut ones sound delicious, although I'll remember to zing them up a bit somehow. :)